ind$file transfers time out

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

ind$file transfers time out

Postby jkzup » Sun 17 Jul 2011, 20:16

The IND$FILE file transfer function has become very slow. When I tried transferring some files with it today the transfers timed out and I had to have my TSO session disconnected. Can someone please investigate and repair IND$FILE?

Thank you

JK Zup
jkzup

Re: ind$file transfers time out

Postby prino » Sun 17 Jul 2011, 20:36

jkzup wrote:The IND$FILE file transfer function has become very slow. When I tried transferring some files with it today the transfers timed out and I had to have my TSO session disconnected. Can someone please investigate and repair IND$FILE?

As someone who only very occasionally uses IND$FILE, I just tried it from here in Lithuania (where my download speed from Canada is supposed to be around 2.5Mb) and it is indeed slower than a snail on Valium. I normally use FTP, with a FileZilla server running on my PC at home (doesn't work here, router blocks port 21) and that is OK, have you tried this?

Robert
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Re: ind$file transfers time out

Postby steve-myers » Mon 18 Jul 2011, 02:46

Until a few months ago IND$FILE was very slow. Then it improved quite radically, for no obvious reason. I put up a post here, but sysprog denied doing anything. Just in the past week or so it went back to the snails pace it used to be, again for no obvious reason. Same local ISP (Verizon FIOS), same slow in house network, same slow computer (an elderly IBM Thinkpad), same 3270 emulator, so the issue is not likely to be local at my home, where prino is (I'm guessing here) slowed down, perhaps by using a celullar phone connection. I have not seen any time outs, though. I don't know what's going on.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe